- Argonne National Laboratory
(ANL): Laboratory-Graduate Research Appointments
- Annual program to provide the opportunity for graduate students
to carry out research at Argonne National Laboratory (Argonne,
Illinois) for a master's or doctoral degree under the co-sponsorship of
an ANL staff member.
- FIELD OF STUDY:
- Physical and life sciences, mathematics, computer science,
engineering fields, and applied sciences relating to conservation,
environmental science, fission and fusion energy, and other energy
- Citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. Full-time graduate
students at U.S. universities who have completed all coursework
requirements for their degree. Mutual interest in an area of research
by the student and the Argonne staff sponsor is essential. Women and
under-represented minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Stipend, tuition (up to $5,000 per year), and some travel
expenses, for a period of one year. Renewable contingent upon
satisfactory performance. The student's faculty sponsor is eligible for
limited travel expenses.
- NO DEADLINE. Applications are accepted year-round. <http://www.dep.anl.gov/> ,
Laboratory-Graduate Research Appointments, Division of Educational
Programs, Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 South Cass Avenue/DEP 223,
Argonne, IL 60439-4845. Telephone: 630-252-3366. E-mail: <Lreed@dep.anl.gov> .