- American Physical Society (APS)
& American Institute of Physics (AIP): Congressional Science
- Annual awards made to provide a public service by making
available to Members of Congress individuals with scientific knowledge
and skills. In turn, the program enables scientists to broaden their
experience through direct involvement with the legislative and
- FIELD OF STUDY:
- Physics and closely related fields.
- U.S. citizens who hold the Ph.D. degree in physics or a closely
related field and who have had some experience in applying science to
the solution of societal problems. Applicants are expected to have a
strong interest in science and technology policy. Membership in APS or
another AIP society is required.
- $49,000 for a one-year term (September through August), plus
allowances for relocation, travel, and health insurance. Fellows choose
the Congressional office in which they wish to work, after a two-week
- January 15
Consult Web site for complete application information. APS and AIP
Congressional Science Fellowship Programs, c/o Erika H. Ridgway,
Executive Office, American Physical Society, One Physics Ellipse,
College Park, MD 20740-3844. Telephone: 301-209-3269 or email: email@example.com .