Fulbright Program, U.S. Department of State: Grants for Graduate Study & Research Abroad

Annual awards to foster mutual understanding among nations through educational and cultural exchange. The program supports research and study by U.S. citizens at foreign universities and institutes, generally for a period of one year.
Open to all fields of study.
U.S. citizens holding a bachelor's degree. Applicants are expected to be in good health, to be proficient in the language of the intended host country, and to be able to complete the proposed project during the grant period. Grants are awarded to the "best qualified students," but preference is given to applicants who have received the bachelor's degree recently. Individuals holding the Ph.D. degree are ineligible.
The grant covers travel, living expenses for the academic year, and tuition at overseas universities, when required.
October 1
Students apply through their universities. For further information, contact Cornell's Fulbright Program Adviser, Prof. Milton Esman, at <mje5@cornell.edu>. The program is administered by the Institute of International Education, which maintains information on its Web site: <www.iie.org/fulbright>.