- Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs
Innovations): Graduate Research Program for Women
- Annual award to identify and develop research ability in women
and to increase their representation in science and engineering. Each
participant is expected to spend their first summer with their mentor
at Bell Laboratories working on a research project in their area of
- FIELD OF STUDY:
- Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Communi- cations Science,
Computer Science/ Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering,
Information and Materials Sciences, Mathematics, Operations Research,
Physics, and Statistics.
- Women who are U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or holders of
immigrant visas; and who are admitted to full-time study in a doctoral
program or are first year grad students in doctoral program.
- Fellowship provides full tuition, annual stipend of $17,000 and
other support including eligibility of summer employment with Bell
Labs. Grants also available for up to $2,000 of additional support
above other fellowships.
- January 8
- DEADLINES MAY VARY YEAR TO YEAR - CHECK WEB Application,
transcripts, statement, GREs, 3 recommendations to: Lucent Fellowship
Program- GRPW/ Scholarship Management Services, CSFA/ 1505 Riverview
Road/ P.O. Box 297/ St. Peter, MN/ 56082 http://www.lucent.com/news/foundation/blgrfp/