- Office of Naval
Research/American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE):
Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
- Annual program to increase the involvement of creative and highly
trained scientists and engineers from academia and industry in
scientific and technical areas of interest and relevance to the Navy by
providing approximately 40 new postdoctoral appointments each year.
- FIELD OF STUDY:
- Fields such as acoustics, hydrodynamics, aerodynamics,
astrophysics, electronic devices, biotechnology, oceanography,
communications, command control and intelligence, computer hardware and
software, materials, target detection, weaponry, signal processing,
simulation, biomedicine, training, manufacturing, construction, and
- U.S. citizens who are eligible for a Department of Defense
security clearance. Applicants must have received the Ph.D., Sc.D., or
other recognized research doctoral degree within 7 years of the
application deadline. There is a special initiative to increase the
number of women fellows.
- Not specified. Competitive stipends depend on the research field
and the host laboratory.
- DEADLINES: January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. www.asee.org Before beginning the
application process, contact program manager Tim Manicom at telephone
202-331-3525. ONR Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs, ASEE, 1818 N
Street, N.W., Suite 600, Washington, D.C. 20036.