- Teresa and H. John Heinz III
Foundation: Teresa Heinz Scholars for Environmental Research
- Annual awards to provide support for individuals writing a
doctoral dissertation or a master's thesis, or for project enhancement,
for research on emerging environmental issues. The research must have
public policy relevance that increases society's understanding of
environmental problems and their solutions.
- FIELD OF STUDY:
- Fields and research projects related to environmental sciences
and public policy, whether in biological sciences, physical sciences,
or social sciences.
- Graduate students and scholars at Cornell and several other U.S.
research universities are eligible. There is no citizenship
requirement. For the dissertation award, an applicant must be a
doctoral candidate who has completed all degree requirements except for
the dissertation. For both the dissertation and the master's thesis
awards, applicants must expect to complete the dissertation or thesis
within 2 years of receiving the award.
- For doctoral dissertation awards: $10,000. For master's thesis
and project awards: $5,000. The awards are for one year and are not
- February 7
For further information and the application form, consult the Web site.
Applications are also available outside of room 105 Rice Hall. The
Cornell contact is Tad McGalliard, Center for the Environment. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org